CIESM Workshop Monographs, n°25:
Investigating the roles of cetaceans in marine ecosystems
CIESM Monograph 25 can be ordered on-line, or downloaded in PDF format (Warning: this material is protected by international copyright law):
I - Executive summary
II - Workshop communications
- Modelling interactions between marine mammals and fisheries: model structures, assumptions and data requirements.
- Modeling food webs: a bioenergetic-allometric approach.
- Study of dietary overlap between small cetaceans and fisheries in the Bay of Biscay from stomach content analysis.
- Assessing trophic interactions of some dolphins in the Balearic subbasin, Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Investigating food-web interactions between Mediterranean coastal dolphins and fisheries in "natural laboratories".
- Summer fin whales (Balaenoptera physalus) distribution in relation to oceanographic conditions : implications for conservation.
- Whales, whaling and ecosystem change in the Antarctic and Eastern Bering Sea: insights from ecosystem models.
- Interactions between fishing activity and cetaceans that occur in the Southeastern Ligurian-Northern Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Potential competition with fisheries? The case of sperm whales and beaked whales.
III - Bibliographic references
IV - List of participants