CIESM Workshop Monographs, n°26
Novel contaminants and pathogens in coastal waters
To be cited as: CIESM 2004. Novel contaminants and pathogens in coastal waters.
CIESM Workshop Monograph n°26 [F. Briand, ed.], 112 p., CIESM Publisher, Monaco.
I - Executive summary
II - Workshop communications
- Novel contaminants in marine settings: incremental science or a challenge for environmental studies.
- New contaminants in the North Sea and Baltic Sea.
- Input and behaviour of alkylphenolic endocrine-disrupting contaminants in a stratified estuary and coastal waters.
- Study of processes governing the fate of organic pollutants in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Prediction of the environmental load of pharmaceuticals contaminating the marine environment. A case for the Adriatic Sea.
- Occurrence and fate of antibiotics as trace contaminants in wastewaters, sewage sludges and surface waters.
- Environmental risk management for pharmaceutical compounds as novel contaminants.
- Current and future environmental risk assessment of pharmaceuticals.
- Medical radioisotopes entering the marine environment.
- Emerging pathogens in coastal areas.
- Linking the ecology, epidemiology and pathogenicity of Vibrio cholerae:
a molecular genetic approach.
III - Bibliographic references
IV - List of participants