CIESM Workshop Monographs, n°32
Impact of Mariculture on Coastal Ecosystems
To be cited as: CIESM 2007. Impact of mariculture on coastal ecosystems. Ciesm Workshop Monograph n°32 [F. Briand, ed.], 118 p., CIESM Publisher, Monaco.
This volume, fully illustrated and rich in references, is available in print from our on-line bookstore.
I - Executive summary
- Effects of aquaculture on Mediterranean marine ecosystems: findings of recent EU funded
projects and ongoing research activities.
- Oyster transfers as a vector for marine species introductions: a realistic approach based
on the macrophytes.
- Parasite and disease transfer between cultured and wild coastal marine fish.
- Escapes of marine fish from sea-cage aquaculture in the Mediterranean Sea: status and
- Under which condition should we be afraid of the genetic consequences of escapees in
the marine world?
- Aquaculture escapes: potential risks for gene pool integrity of native species.
- Aquaculture escapes: new DNA based monitoring analyses and application on sea bass
and sea bream.
- Implications of infauna harvesting at inter-tidal flats on nutrient cycling, Ria Formosa -
- Ecological relationship between wild fish populations and Mediterranean aquaculture in
floating fish cages.
- Sustainable aquaculture in the Mediterranean Sea: are we moving in the right direction?
III - Bibliographic references
IV - List of participants